The Power Of Bone Marrow
The spongy tissue inside our bones known as, bone marrow, offers a number of essential proteins, collagen, minerals and stem cells. These valuable nutrients that are found within our bones play an important role in our overall health.
It may be essential to consume bone marrow to keep our bones strong while maintaining healthy bodily functions. Furthermore, our bone marrow tissue produces three major blood cells to keep us healthy. These blood cells include, our red blood cells, platelets as well as white blood cells. Inside the marrow stem cells are produced continuously in order to keep our bodies functioning efficiently.
Functions & benefits of bone marrow
Bone marrow plays a vital role in our body's health and proper function for several reasons:
- They produce our red and white blood cells, these cells then build our immunity and provide oxygen to our cells.
- Collagen which is found in bone marrow is a protein-rich substance which can help repair the body. Collagen deficiency can lead to poor wound healing, easy bruising and various other deficiencies.
Bone marrow helps carry oxygen to blood cells, facilitates blood production and aids in immunity. It’s full of amazing vitamins and minerals and provides many health benefits to those that eat it.
It also contributes to joint health – bones are full of protein in the form collagen. Collagen is also found in tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue.
Bone marrow is full of essential omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, magnesium and manganese.
- Helps promote a healthy digestive tract by sealing liquids to help absorption and fighting inflammation
- Drinking the bone broth after boiling bones and bone marrow has been reported to help alleviate symptoms of keto flu!
Our stem cells which are produced in our bone marrow, plays a vital role in our overall body's health and proper function:
Red blood cells
Oxygen and carbon dioxide attach to the iron that is in haemoglobin, allowing the red blood cell to transport oxygen to the body. The red blood cells also get rid of carbon dioxide which exits your body through the lungs as you breathe out.
Platelets are blood cells that help our blood stick together to help stop bleeding at sites on the body that have been cut or injured. Platelets form the scab are then formed over the wounded area.
White blood cells
White blood cells help the body fight against infection. There are many different types of white blood cells, which include:
Lymphocytes, neutrophils, and monocytes. These white blood cells fight against invading bacteria, viruses, or fungi to help destroy infection. Each of these cells differs in appearance.
Bone marrow is about 97% fat! A great boost to any ketogenic diet.
Beyond simple nourishment
The powerful health benefits of bone marrow goes beyond simple nourishment.
Bone marrow has many other potential health benefits, including:
- Relief from the pain of osteoarthritis or exercise-induced muscle pain due to high levels of chondroitin and glucosamine.
- It may additionally strengthen cartilage as well as eenhance youthful- looking, healthier skin - since bone marrow is packed with collagen, the main protein in the skin’s structural layer.
But that’s far from the only good things that bone marrow provides...
- Bone marrow's superfood components such as glutamine help strengthen the intestinal lining and the immune system so the nutrients from food are more easily absorbed.
- The nutrients in bone marrow, especially protein and collagen, help speed recovery after a hard workout, because they encourage the muscles that are damaged every time we push them to their limits to knit back together, and become stronger than ever.
Bone marrow has calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and other minerals that help support healthy bones, which can help protect against osteoporosis.
Bone marrow collagen
Codeage Bone Marrow is a high-quality superfood and supplement made of pure bovine bone, marrow and cartilage. Codeage Bone Marrow contains nutrients and substances like collagen, growth factors, stem cells, fat soluble activators and trace minerals the body uses to build, repair, and maintain our living bones and connective tissues.
Consuming bone marrow is important for several reasons. Bone marrow contains myeloid and lymphoid stem cells which are structures that originate in the bone marrow. They produce our red and white blood cells, these cells then build our immunity and provide oxygen to our cells. Collagen which is found in bone marrow is a protein-rich substance which can help repair the body. Collagen deficiency can lead to poor wound healing, easy bruising and more deficiencies. We don't usually realize that we eating bone marrow when we drink bone broth. Since beef bone broth contains collagen and many more vitamins and minerals, it may help strengthen our immune system when we are sick. Therefore, consuming bone marrow can help the body rebuild itself.
Strengthen your bone marrow health
Bone health is important at all stages of life. Often times having strong bones is something people tend to take for granted, as symptoms often don't appear until bone loss occurs.
Thankfully, there are many nutritional lifestyle habits that can help build and maintain strong bones; it is never too early to start!