| 

Understanding Turmeric Standardized to 95% Curcumin

Understanding Turmeric Standardized to 95% Curcumin

Turmeric standardized to 95% curcumin refers to a type of turmeric supplement that has been specifically formulated to contain a high concentration of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. This means that 95% of the supplement is made up of curcumin, with the remaining 5% being made up of other compounds found in turmeric.

95% turmeric cucuminoids

Turmeric 95% standard

Standardizing turmeric to 95% curcumin is generally done to ensure that the supplement contains a consistent and reliable amount of curcumin. This is particularly important for research purposes, as it allows for more accurate comparisons between different studies.


The process of standardizing turmeric to 95% curcumin begins with extracting curcumin from the turmeric root. This is typically done using a process called liquid-liquid extraction. The extracted curcumin is then purified and concentrated to create a standardized curcumin extract. This extract is then mixed with other ingredients to create a finished supplement.

One of the potential benefits of taking a turmeric supplement standardized to 95% curcumin is that it might provide a higher dose of curcumin per serving than a traditional turmeric supplement.* This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who want a higher dose of curcumin in their formula.

It's worth noting that not all turmeric supplements are standardized to 95% curcumin, and many supplements on the market contain a lower concentration of curcuminoids. Therefore, when choosing a turmeric supplement, it's important to check the label to see what the curcuminoids concentration is.

Additionally, when it comes to the bioavailability of curcumin, not all forms of supplements are created equal. Some forms of curcumin, such as liposomal delivery, or in combination with black pepper, might help the bioavailability of curcumin.*

In conclusion, turmeric standardized to 95% curcumin is a form of turmeric supplement that contains a consistent and usually predictable amount of curcuminoids, with curcumin being the main active ingredient.

As always, talk to your doctor before taking any supplements. Get professional advice if you think you might need a turmeric supplement or are already taking one to ensure you're not exceeding the amounts you may need.

Share article


Related Products

Fermented Turmeric Curcumin 95%

Fermented Turmeric Curcumin 95%


Latest Articles

Amino Acids and Sports: The Importance of Proper Nutrition for Athletes

Amino Acids and Sports: The Importance of Proper Nutrition for Athletes

Essential Amino Acids: Essential Building Blocks

Essential Amino Acids: Essential Building Blocks

BCAA Amino Acids, Muscles and Recovery Support

BCAA Amino Acids, Muscles and Recovery Support

Exploring Soil-based Organisms (SBOs) Probiotics for Gut Health

Exploring Soil-based Organisms (SBOs) Probiotics for Gut Health

Bag

Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping