Making homemade vitamin gummies is a fun, easy, and delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamins! Not to mention, it's a great activity to do with kids. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make your homemade gummies.
What you'll need to make your vitamin gummies
- 1/2 cup of fruit juice or puree (we used mango juice)
- 2 tablespoons of gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid
- A silicone mold in any shape or size (we used stars)
- A pan and stovetop
- A spoon or whisk for stirring
- A measuring cup
- A funnel (optional)
- A small paintbrush or cotton swab (optional)
- The selection of high-quality vitamins and ingredients you want to use!
Making the gummies
1. Mix your vitamins with the fruit juice, pour ir into a pan, and heat it on the stove over low heat.
2. While the juice is heating up, sprinkle the gelatin into the pan and let it sit for a minute or two to bloom. This just means that the gelatin will absorb the liquid and become softer.
3. Stir in the citric acid until it's completely dissolved.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk everything together until it's smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into your silicone mold using a funnel, if you have one. If not, that's okay! You can also pour it directly from the pan into the mold. Just be careful not to spill any!
6. Use a paintbrush or cotton swab to evenly distribute the gummy mixture into all of the molds, making sure to get into all of the nooks and crannies.
7. Place your mold in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the gummies are firm. Then, pop them out of the mold and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Choosing your vitamins and ingredients
Choose vitamins and ingredients you want to use. You may also use pectin to create the gelatin-type feel as it comes from plants and fruits. Most of our gummies are pectin-based to avoid the use of animal gelatin. The same holds true for citric acid.
You may aslo use another ingredient instead of citric acid if you know how to use them. You can also have a look at adding lemon juice or tartaric acid for example. Let your imagination run wild and experiment with different mixtures between ingredients.
Homemade gummies are a fun, easy, and delicious way to get your daily dose of vitamins! Plus, they make for a great activity to do with kids. Follow this step-by-step guide, and you'll be making your homemade gummies in no time!